Yop 10 - #5
It's happened again - I lost count of the weeks. *sigh* Well, to be honest, I didn't have much to show anyway, just working along on various WIPs. Speaking of which, here's one photo I'd like to share with you:
This is my Sockyarn Habitation Throw. It's huge. I need four circulars to be able to spread the stitches out so I can lay it flat on the bed. And still, it's not wide enough to cover the entire bed, so I need about 120 more increase rows to make it big enough. That's 120 more stitches, on top of the 400+ I already have on the needles right now. It's a bit of an uphill climb, and though it's still a fun project, I must admit that I'm really looking forward to the downhill run aka the decreasing part.
So that's what I have mostly been working on these past weeks. I also spent a few hours with Fox Paws but found out I wasn't really in the mood for that pattern. It takes more concentration than I had to spare. So instead, I decided to try mosaic crochet, and startet a Terrazzo Afghan. I'm using the yarn pack I bought for the Spicier Life CAL that I ended up not making because due to the many different stitches, the blanket's edges got all wonky, and I just can't live with a wonky blanket. Since I lost my photo mojo for the better part of August, I haven't even taken a single photo of the squares yet.
Oh, and I did finish that pair of socks I had started so long ago that I can't even remember when, so that's one F.O. and an awful lot of stitches on a WIP, and that's quite something even without photographic evidence, I think.
And that's all for today. Here are my updated lists:
Works in Progress:
- 30 Years Blanket - crochet - started 22nd December, 2019
- Simple Rag Quilt - sewing - started 31st March, 2020
- Fox Paws - knitting - started 25th April, 2020
- Sockyarn Habitation Throw - knitting - started 25th June, 2020
- Stripes and Squares Blanket - knitting - started 16th July, 2020
- Photo Wall - photography - started 26th July, 2020
- Terrazo Afghan - crochet - started 2nd August, 2020
- Vanillas - knitting - started 10th August, 2020
If you'd like to see more Year of Projects posts, or join in the fun, please come over to our Ravelry group.